Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Collectible Compliments

Today I was shopping for flowers for a recital. This takes me quite awhile, partly because I enjoy it, and partly because I always have a difficult time making up my mind when it comes to flowers. I was standing in the store, in front of the refrigerator case when I noticed a man standing next to me. He was a true cowboy from his Stetson hat (which he tipped at me, by the way) to his leather jacket and well-worn boots. He said (and I'm not kidding, he really said it in this way!), "Miss, you kun look in there all day, but ya ain't never gunna find nothin' as purty as you."

I was a little startled, as my mind had been thinking of flowers, and he interrupted me. I suppressed the giggles I wanted to release, smiled at him, and said, "That's a sweet thing to say. Thank you." Then I turned back the the refrigerator case as he strolled away.

I was still standing there about 10 minutes later, when I noticed him again. He smiled, tipped his hat again, and said, "I meant what I said. There ain't nuthin' in that case as purty as you." I smiled again, said thanks again, grabbed the closest bunch of flowers I could find, and checked out.

When I got to the car I sat there and laughed. I find the whole situation too hilarious for words. I wish I'd had a camera. This story begs for a picture.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker