Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Adam makes me laugh

Newest conversation with Adam:

Adam: Mom, remember how I told you I liked Cheyenne?
Samantha: Yes.
A: Well, I still like her, but I like Janessa, too.
S: Variety is good.
A: Yeah, well, Janessa lives by us.
S: Oh?
A: So yesterday I was riding my bike home from school, and she was walking on the other side of the street. So she waved at me.
S: Wow--that's kind of fun.
A: No, because I didn't know what to do--and then I crashed.
S: (tries not to double over in mirth) YOU REALLY CRASHED!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!
A: MOM!!!
S: Sorry. Did you hurt yourself?
A: No. But it was embarrassing.
S: And funny...
A: MOM!!!
S: Sorry. Well, what do you mean, you didn't know what to do when she waved. Usually, if a girl waves, she wants you to wave back (demonstrates waving back, and giggles again).
A: Well, I just didn't know...
S: Let's practice. You be Adam, and I'll be the beautiful Janessa.

So then I waved, Janessa-like, and Adam waved back, laughing helplessly. We practiced three times. As we finished our last wave, DJ walked by us, muttering, "Seriously!! What mom DOES that?? You're so weird..."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker