Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Partial Disclosure

I had a conversation with my 11 and 12 year old daughter and son yesterday. We talked about homosexuality--what it means, how people feel when they are attracted to members of their own gender, how it can be both amazing and horrifying. My kids had many questions. I let them ask, and answered them to the best of my ability. They were very curious. They asked good questions.

Then I told them that the majority of people I chat with or e-mail are gay. I have talked about these people often. Tabitha and Adam are familiar with their names and also with portions of their blogs. My children are familiar with the background and stories of many of my friends. Now they added in the "gay" dimension. They were silent and thoughtful for a moment. Then, almost as one they talked about how everyone needs to talk to someone. They told me they were glad my friends and I could talk to each other. Then my kids said they hoped, someday, all my friends would come visit us, so they could meet them, and become friends with them, too.

My children are amazing. I really, really love them.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker