Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Irreverent

I'm assuming that everyone acquainted with me knows I am. If they don't it becomes apparent within 30 seconds of talking to me. Honestly, I probably could help it if I chose to do so--but I don't. Being irreverent makes me happy.

Now, I'm not talking about being irreverent when it's blatently innappropriate. Like, during the sacrament. I'm very reverent then. Or in the temple--although, I have to admit to having the briefest of lightmindedness in my thoughts occasionally when I attend. I need to work on that. Or at a funeral--no, scratch that--I've been irreverent at funerals. My cousin died of leukemia when he was 36. He left a wife and four small children. The disease ate him up. He looked frightening at the viewing. A skeletal head with odd colored skin and a creepy smile. A woman came by and said the usual, "Oh...doesn't he just look so natural..." I couldn't help it. I cracked up. And I swear, my dead cousin was standing next to me laughing his head off, as well. If that's what he looked like alive...well...he's better off dead.

But sometimes I just have to let off steam. Life is so serious. My son gave me a frown today in seminary when I said, "And thank goodness Adam and Eve partook of that forbidden fruit, or they'd still be in the garden, naked with the animals, and we'd still be waiting for them to figure out what to do next." I think it was the "...naked with the animals..." part that got to him. He also gave me a look when I was making up the last words of Steve Erwin before the sting ray got to his heart. Everyone else was laughing with me--but DJ's sense of propriety is way too developed. I'm certain he's not my biological offspring.

So today I found the title of a book: Behind Every Great Woman is a Fabulous Gay Man. Now I'm not trying to intimate that I'm a "great" woman. But if I ever am, I look at the men I interact with in person and in cyberspace, and I have to admit they're pretty "fabulous", and many (okay, the majority) of them are gay or some approximation of the term. And on that premise, the title of that book just made me laugh. -L- has a name for me...derogatory, of course... but it also fits in with the book title, and only furthers my irreverent enjoyment.

Life is beautiful, and incredibly funny. I'm going to burn in Hell when I die laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker