1. I can survive without a computer for at least three days.
2. Meeting people you already know, but have never seen, is an amazing experience.
3. The Evergreen Conference is long.
4. I'm glad it was long because it gave me a chance to get to know many people.
5. I'm shorter than everyone I met.
6. My kids miss me when I'm gone.
7. My son, DJ, is one of the kindest, coolest guys in the world.
8. More people think that my husband is gay, than those who think I am.
9. There are some restaurants where it's not a good idea to order the pork.
10. I love sleeping in my own bed.
11. There is something healing about being among those you love, and who love you back.
12. If you laugh really hard, your gut aches, and you have to go to the bathroom.
13. If you want to play a trick on me, my husband will help you.
14. Friends can be found anywhere--age and gender are immaterial.
15. Always take the stairs.
16. Sometimes you just need to read Isaiah.
17. Neon sticky notes are not recyclable.
18. Gay guys will use ball point pens that have purple or pink ink.
19. It's okay to take a nap on the couch, rather than sleep through a workshop.
20. "Parting is such sweet sorrow."
To those of you who met me at the conference--what a beautiful experience!! You are more incredible in person than I ever imagined. I will keep you in my heart.