Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Homecoming

I've been gone. Darrin and I left on Thursday, and got back this afternoon. Here are some things I learned while I was gone.

1. I can survive without a computer for at least three days.
2. Meeting people you already know, but have never seen, is an amazing experience.
3. The Evergreen Conference is long.
4. I'm glad it was long because it gave me a chance to get to know many people.
5. I'm shorter than everyone I met.
6. My kids miss me when I'm gone.
7. My son, DJ, is one of the kindest, coolest guys in the world.
8. More people think that my husband is gay, than those who think I am.
9. There are some restaurants where it's not a good idea to order the pork.
10. I love sleeping in my own bed.
11. There is something healing about being among those you love, and who love you back.
12. If you laugh really hard, your gut aches, and you have to go to the bathroom.
13. If you want to play a trick on me, my husband will help you.
14. Friends can be found anywhere--age and gender are immaterial.
15. Always take the stairs.
16. Sometimes you just need to read Isaiah.
17. Neon sticky notes are not recyclable.
18. Gay guys will use ball point pens that have purple or pink ink.
19. It's okay to take a nap on the couch, rather than sleep through a workshop.
20. "Parting is such sweet sorrow."

To those of you who met me at the conference--what a beautiful experience!! You are more incredible in person than I ever imagined. I will keep you in my heart.

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 8:32:00 AM, Blogger Unusual Dude said…

    I wondered if that was where you were. Sure wish I could've gone and met you as well.

    By the way, I don't believe I have ever used a pink or purple ball point pen.

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Loyalist (with defects) said…

    did you try the cheesy fries?

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 11:40:00 AM, Blogger AttemptingthePath said…

    Oh man....

    Can I just say we're hilarious? but then there was the time that you said you'd flirt with my mom in front of DJ, that just floored me.

    and concerning #8, if your husband went to the spouse classes and not the male "Strugglers" classes that thought might've been diminished slightly. then there is the fact that you were in the male "struggler" classes as well...but I guess you do have to keep tabs on your loyal subjects!

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Unusual Dude said…

    I love that term EG uses all the time - "struggler." For some reason it cracks me up.

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 4:12:00 PM, Blogger FoxyJ said…

    We went to the Evergreen conference twice and both times were good experiences. I'm glad you had a good time too.

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    UD: I'd love to meet you, too! And actually not ALL the guys used the pens, but the ones I offered them to REALLY liked them. We actually banned the "struggler" word--it makes us too tired.

    Loyalist: I have to admit to being afraid of cheesy fries--they rank next to blue food...so no, I didn't try them. Someday I have to get rid of my food hangups.

    ATP: Your face was priceless enough to frame when I said that--I could tell you were dying to say something...thanks for not saying it. And yes, we are hilarious. I had too much fun with you male "strugglers" to stay away from your workshops--I'm assuming Darrin felt the same--and stop with the QOQ persecution!!

    Foxy--I did, indeed, have a wonderful time. I'd love to credit the conference...but mostly it was because I was surrounded by incredible people I LOVE!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker