Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Conversation With Adam

I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon. Adam asked if he could come, too. So as we were riding in the car this conversation took place:

Adam: Can I tell you something?
Samantha: Of course!
A: There's a girl I like.
S: Really?
A: Yeah.
S: What's her name?
A: Cheyenne
S: Wow! pretty name.
A: Yeah.
S: What is it that you like about her?
A: I don't know...she's pretty.
S: What color is her hair?
A: Brown.
S: Brown is nice. I like brown. What color are her eyes?
A: Brown.
S: Brown is nice. I like brown.
A: (giggling a little) Me too.
S: Is she nice?
A: I don't know. She's in one of my classes, but I haven't talked to her.
S: Does she have a nice smile?
A: Yes.
S: Is she tall? or short?
A: She's about the same size as you.
S: Hmmm...well, I think it's really nice that you like her.
A: Yeah, but I don't want anyone to tease me or tell me to hold her hand or stuff. So I'm telling you instead of my friends at school.
S: I see. You understand now, that as your mom, I have to tell you that you can look but not touch.
A: MOM!! I'm scared to even talk to her! I'm not going to touch her!!
S: I was pretty sure you wouldn't, but thought I should probably mention it. That's what mom's are supposed to do.
A: But you're not a real mom.
S: Yeah, my children keep reminding me of that.
A: That's a good thing, Mom.

Adam makes me laugh. I love that boy.

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger AttemptingthePath said…

    that kid is amazing, and friggin' funny.

     
  • At Saturday, September 23, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow....I think it is amazing that you too have that type of relationship! My heart palpatates just thinking about talking to my mom like that. You are totally Awesome!

    Oh and...I just created this blog so don't be hurt. I was actually a little nervous to say hi to you because you told me not to visit your blog. I admitt, it was one of the first things I did after the EG conferance. Don't hate me please, I am fragile. HAHAHA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker